Sunday, January 23, 2011

Provo Half Marathon

Better late than never on blogging stuff, Right?
Marilyn (Mom), Me, Liz, Jason
How many people can say that they have run 13.1 miles with their sister and mom? I can! Also throw in a brother-in-law for fun and that makes up my first 1/2 marathon that was on Halloween day. It was fun to see other friends also enjoying the costumes and fresh fall air in Provo Canyon. Go Thomsens!
Warning, Sorry, bragging coming up! ........My Mom ran her first Marathon 1 year after having breast cancer and a double mastectomy. She is 57 year old! Your an inspiration Mom. Go Mom!
This fall was also my baby's 2 year birthday. Which mean that two years ago, (1 week after Richard's birth) I was told by a cardiologist that I had a heart of a 80 year old woman. It took me 45 minutes to walk 1/2 mile, two year ago. But look now, I am running (around the average 1/2 marathon time)! Go Danielle!

No comments: