Monday, August 24, 2009

My Magic Room



This is where the majic of creativity happens. I love art, be it painting, sculping, scrapbooking, or sewing (which I'm not that skilled at). In general I love to learn and create. I feel very spoiled and blessed today. For an early birthday present I got an expedit with desk at ikea on sale. Then this week Spencer hooked me up with a nice PC and flat screen. He is so sweet to think of me and my scrapbooking needs. Best of all he got it from a co-worker for a total of....Drum role please.....100 bucks! I'm hoping to get some cute canvas buckets for the shelving to make the room feel more uniform. I'll post pictures when that happens just because I'm so excited.



The craft room, my happy space.


I picked out a soothing golden color to paint the basement. Spencer and I busted our backs and painted almost the whole basement in the gold color. I then broke down exhausted crying...."I hate it, I hate it." The gold was more mustard, it looked horrible in the basement. Let me point out that Spencer was so patient with me and my terrible puke mustard color choice. So we went back to the paint store, we copied Paul's (my brother) exact paint color in his house, so as to not make the same mistake again. And the puke mustard turned out to be a great "base coat" for Paul's nicer color, as you can see in the picture.



Under the stair was turned into a play house. As a family we went to Lowes to browse the paint chips and all the kids got to pick out a paint color. We then painted the stripes in the play house with the colors they picked out and a few I threw into the mix. It was fun for the kids to feel a part of the basement project.
Cynthia-Pink
Katrina-Red
Alex-Blue(of course)

On the opposite wall of the stripes I'm thinking about painting a mural. Any ideas?

4 comments:

Liz said...

do a chalk board on the other wall.

Musick said...

Good idea!

Beth B said...

I love your Magic Room!! Come give me some order to my space!!

Musick said...

Lets do it Beth. I'm on a role. I went to some classes at education week on organization and since I tend to be a pack rat, I found the process to be empowering. Get a budget and figure out when the Motab will let you off for a few hours. You hold the baby and i'll do the labor, it would be fun.