Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Christmas in August- La Jolla Beach, San Diego

Last Christmas we decided to give each other the gift of time. Time together. So my Dad hosted the whole freaking big family with a hundred kids at "The Cove Hotel at La Jolla," San Diego. Your the best Dad!

The whole trip I was like 1,2,3,4........1...2..3,4.....1,2,3,4. I was so scared of loosing a kid. Needless to say we were not at the beach for more than 15 minutes before we lost one. Cynthia, three years old, was missing. I was panicked sick, searching through 100,000 bodies trying to find one little girl next to the all engulfing raging ocean waves. I could see it happening "LIFEGUARD/SWIM COACH'S DAUGHTER DROWNS!"....nice. Luckiliy we found her at the Life guard tower where a nice couple had taken the lost little girl.

My brother Chris brought full sized shovels all the way from Utah to make sand castles on the beach. SWEETNESS!


The chunky Monkeys, Richard and David enjoyed the sand. David's thighs got stuck in the blue chair he is sitting in in the picture. Did I just hear some thunder?! Thunder thighs!


Me and my Madre


Shortly after arriving we saw a "pod" of dolphins just a arms toss from our hotel.


On one of the nights there was a Classical concert in the park in front of our hotel. So we played games in our rooms and heard some sweetness to the ears from the balcony.

Thanks Fam for making it real and fun, real fun! We love you.

No comments: