Saturday, April 25, 2009

Healing Heart

I anticipated bad news when I had another Echo cardiogram done last week because my symptoms have gotten worse. But I am please to announce that I am a pessimist and that my heart valve is leaking less and the heart chamber is less stretched. Hooha! (I just learned that word. It is a Army term for something positive).

Against Doctors orders, I stopped taking the heart meds and I also stopped taking my birth control pills because I've got to get ride of the dizziness. I don't know if the dizziness is from my blood pressure dropping too low or the hormones that in the past have given me migranes, something is messing me up so I stopped taking both.

When my eye went blind while taking a class at the gym I became discouraged and stopped working out for a couple weeks which increases my anxiety, depression and arrhythmia. But now I'm back on the horse and hired a personal trainer once a week to help me out. I want to bench sets of 100 pounds again and get under 20% body fat again. There were days that I wondered if I would ever be able to run far or work hard. But now I feel like I can slowly get there. "If it doesn't kill you, it only makes you stronger."

No comments: