Monday, February 16, 2009

My Nemesis..AKA Virus




Why do kids get sick so often? Well let me see....it could be Cynthia sucking on the chairs at the Thanksgiving Point Dinosaur Museum Cafe (Which reminds me of the mess we left in the bathroom there last week. Two over full pants filled with poop and no,... not in diapers. I guess the kids were having too much fun in the sand box, digging for bones, to stop for a potty break.). Or maybe the sicknesses are from Alexander finding ABC gum on the floor and eating it. It could also be Cynthia feeling the need to touch the potty in public restrooms. And the kids just have to love-on the baby, which seems to more than not, end with a sneeze or cough in the baby's face. Any of these things could be responsible for my nemesis...AKA viruses.

I just pray this bout of immune system development doesn't conclude with baby Richard in the hospital with R.S.V. He wouldn't eat this morning because he is so sick but seems to be doing better this afternoon. At the Doctor's office yesterday they had a hard time getting an oxegen reading because his foot is so fat. At 3 months old he weighs in at 16 lbs 8 oz. Round N' Chunky.


We have pink eye for the THIRD TIME THIS WINTER. In the last few months we have had two ear infections, broncitis, mulluscum (nasty little bumps that are like warts that procreate at an incredible rate), ring worm, eczema, colds, flus, frequant bloody noses, and now RSV. And there is probably more but I can't think with my sleep deprived brain.
The snot flows freely at our house and so does the Lysol. I could lock them up for years in the house without seeing the light of day, but I think that is against the law in most states. Which reminds me.... a very nice CPS worker showed up a few weeks ago on my door step because at school they noticed marks on Alezander's skin (I guess the egzema and mulluscum scabs from dermatologist appointments looked like pinch marks....go figure). Or like Paul said maybe his teacher watches too much C.S.I. Anyways, it is hard to keep up with the rabid infestation of germs, bacteria, and viruses.

The kids are all sick, except Katrina who has Spencer's SUPER AWESOME immune system, of which I am jealous.
At least I can count my lucky stars by saying that we have never had lice... or chicken pox and wooping cough(like Chris and Taryn's family).....KNOCK ON WOOD.

No comments: