Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Scooters Don't Belong on Cars




At a halloween party a year ago some kids decided it would be hopping killer to ride their razer scooters on some cars in the parking lot. Well, both of our cars became stunt props along with half a dozen other cars. Needless to say both of our cars have had scratched-up hoods and roofs for a year. I noticed the scratches when I came out of the party. I asked around about it and was directed to three boys. Spencer and his Dad pursued them by car, it was very exciting, when they fled the crime scene. They detained them until the police came.


One of the boys was crying his eyes out. I felt bad for him. In Spanish he said his Dad was going to kill him and that he didn't want to get deported because his Mom was a police officer and it wasn't safe in the country they came from. Another boy's father had recently died. I wonder if he saw the families together at this party and became angry thus taking it out on the cars in the church parking lot. I felt bad for them, sometimes kids just don't think. But we had over $1600 of damage to our cars. One kid got charged (maybe the other kids got deported, who knows?) but get this....the KID PLED INNOCENT. There goes all my empathy out the window.




So yesterday, the justice system is a little slow, Spencer was court ordered, as a witness, to attend the hearing for the one kid. My mother-in-law and I know the juvenile court judge well because she was the judge for a lot of our foster daughters. I was hoping she would recognize Spencer's last name. But not much happened because...get this....the KID DIDN'T SHOW UP. So they are setting another date. Hopefully within the next decade!




So REMEMBER kids, we ride IN, not ON, cars! Give me a call, I'll give you a ride to the skate park.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

SICK PIC!!

*Elle said...

That is crazy! Civil court is the pitts!

Turbo said...

Did your attorney not move for summary judgment? How did you guys not get summary judgment when the dorks didn't show up? What kind of a judge keeps making witnesses show up and waste their time w/o compensation? Laaaammmmmeeee