Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Candy Factory

For Spring Break we visited Michelle in beautiful Folsom California known for it's very large men's prison. Michelle coped well with 11 house guests.


My favorite day was on the way to San Francisco. We never made it as far as San Fransisco. But on the drive we stopped in a small college town named Davis, it was picnic day. Thousand of people come together to.......picnic? We ate outside at a Bohemian restaurant called LITTLE PRAGUE. It was very romantic with the exception of three kids, two with ear infections. My prompts go out to the Czechs' for their potato pancakes.
Next we visited the world renown JELLY BELLY FACTORY. Wow...I was like a kid in the Willy Wonka factory minus the Oompa Loompas and the so fine Johny Depp. It was a happy place where Americans can dream of eating with out consequences. Did you know it takes 21 days to make a tootie frutie jelly belly? I steered clear of the Harry Potter beans like boogers, vomit (a recipe discovered when pepperoni pizza went wrong and a pinch of citric acid), grass, and pepper. I did try a Chili Releno (2 butter popcorn and 1 jalapeno) it made me queasy but there was no where to spit it out, so I swallowed. And quickly chased it with a cantaloupe Jelly Belly. There are hundreds of flavors.
To put the cherry on the sundae we went olive oil tasting. It was educational. I love bread and olive oil it makes me happy. Can you tell I'm pregnant? Food and I have a love-hate relationship.

While I have been neglecting my children, reading blogs, Cynthia bathed herself... with her clothes on. She tried sitting on a towel in the bath tub so she wouldn't get wet but quickly abandoned the plan. When I asked her if she was wet she responded with her classic, "nyeah." Which means yes. And then she asked for cheese. Her favorite.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a handsome looking man in the Jelly Belly factory!

Liz said...

Cynthia is so cute.